The Corporate Finance practice focuses on providing our clients with the necessary assistance they require whether they are on the buy-side or the sell-side of any transaction viz., Fundraise, Divestiture, M&A, Joint Ventures or Restructuring.
We offer business and financial due diligence services. Our endeavour is to provide our clients an un-biased assessment of the target entity so as to highlight potential opportunities and risks. This entails evaluation of strategic, commercial, operational and financial aspects of the target entity’s business and validating the same so as to ensure there are no blind spots or hidden risks.
Our diligence study would enable clients make informed decisions on:
- Capabilities and Management
- Operational efficiencies
- Quality of Earnings
- Liabilities including contingent and other off-balance sheet items
- Potential compliance and litigation risks
The outcome of due diligence is to enable clients make suitable adjustments to the valuation and also obtain specific indemnities to mitigate potential risks.
We also offer accounting and tax due diligence along with Legal due diligence services in collaboration with reliable Audit and Legal Firms with whom we have a strong working association.
Valuing businesses require understanding and analysis of a variety of complex factors including detailed technical knowledge of value drivers along with in-depth industry knowledge. With our partners having conducted valuation of several entities across multiple domains during their professional career and being Registered Valuers under IBBI for Securities or Financial Assets, we are fully equipped to provide valuation services for various requirements like:
- Strategic performance evaluation by the Board of Directors
- Transactions governed under various sections of Companies Act, 2013
- Valuation driven by reporting requirements like IND AS, IFRS, GAAP etc.
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Valuation under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- Portfolio valuation for Private Equity Funds and other Financial Institutions
Having worked alongside qualified valuers who address other asset classes like Land & Building and Plant & Machinery, we can also provide a one-stop solution for all your valuation requirements.
Our sell-side advisory encompasses providing the entire gamut of services that enable the seller to successfully consummate the transaction be it fund raise or divestiture.
Transaction structuring: Having understood the requirements of our clients seeking to raise funds or divest stake in businesses based on their organisation’s lifecycle, we work with them to structure the transaction in a manner that they realise maximum value from it. We first identify potential value eroding aspects of the business and suggest suitable corrective measures to protect and enhance value. We believe that identification of the right potential buyer/investor and making an appropriate pitch to them holds the key in successful consummation of the transaction. A significant effort is hence made to identify potential buyers/investors and prepare a good Information Memorandum that proactively addresses the key requirements of potential buyers/investors.
Assistance during buyer-diligence: We work with sellers to prepare them for the due-diligence by prospective buyers/investors. On the one hand we help build a good data room so that the proposed transaction due diligence is smooth and hassle free. On the other hand, we ensure that the management is fully geared up to provide necessary clarifications and inputs to address all queries of the buyer/investor.
Transaction documentation: We also work alongside Legal Advisors and assist the seller in addressing their commercial interests during the drafting and finalisation of the transaction documentation.
The unique nature of Project Financing where the success of the project is of paramount importance in ensuring that the investors’ interests are protected calls for expertise and experience in capital structuring, financial modelling and risk assessment of projects. Having worked with project developers as well as Government and Public Sector in the area of Project Finance enable us offer clients the following services:
- Assess economic viability of proposed projects
- Determine Optimum Capital Structuring of projects
- Advising Private Players in bidding for Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects
- Assist Government/Public Sector structure PPP initiatives
- Risk assessment and propose appropriate mitigation measures
- Preparation of Detailed Project Report (with inputs on technical aspects from respective technical consultants/client organisations)
- Assist project developers present their case to potential lenders and support them in addressing lender’s queries
Assessing the economic viability of the project and ensuring an optimum capital structure is key to project financing
Assisting private developers and Government in structuring projects, parceling risks, identifying Public Private Partnership opportunities and financing options
Corporate or capital restructuring can be triggered by the impact of economic cycles, regulatory changes, technological advancements, changing customer/consumer preferences and environmental protection requirements. Businesses and Projects do get adversely impacted by these that necessitate restructuring measures. We assist client in addressing their restructuring requirements on the following lines:
- Corporate restructuring to enhance shareholder value
- Measures to unlock value through divestment of non-core assets
- Preparation of corporate debt restructuring plans
- Preparation of Resolution Plans under Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process
Assist in managing changes triggered by the impact of economic cycles, regulatory changes, technological advancements, changing customer/consumer preferences and environmental protection requirements.
Provide assistance in arriving at the sustainable debt for businesses and suggesting restructuring options